Help / FAQ
10 Most Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I locate my closest Speedy depot?
The Speedy depot network stretches the length and breadth of the UK, so whatever you need you can always rely on us to deliver or you can always just call in and collect! Our on-line branch locator shows where we are, from depots and specialist branches to superstores that stock a more extensive range of products. Alternatively, please feel free to contact our customer services team on telephone number 0845 601 5129 who will be more than happy to assist you.
2. What payment methods do Speedy accept?
Trade credit Account
The simplest way to pay is with our credit account facility. Opening an account with Speedy is simple. Just fill in and return an application form available from any of our locations and your account could be up and running within hours.*
(subject to status)
By Credit/Debit card or Cash
We accept company payment/purchase cards – an easy way to transact business and reduce administration costs.When using credit/debit card or cash a deposit will be required (minimum two weeks hire charge). Charges will automatically be made to credit cards if the hire continues over two weeks or if the continuing hire charge exceeds the deposit. We will also require photographic identification and suitable proof of identity.
We no longer accept cheques as a form of deposit.
3. How do I open an account with Speedy?
How long does the account opening process take?
Opening an account with Speedy is simple. Just fill in and return an application form available from any of our locations or click here to complete an online application. Your account could be up and running within a matter of minutes.
(subject to status and account type)
4. What is Speedy Shield and what levels of cover are available?
Accidentally damaging equipment whilst on hire can mean an unforeseen addition to your bill. Speedy Shield offers you the flexibility to reduce the risk. Peace of mind and simple cost management is assured.
5% of Hire Rate
The first £100 of the cost of repair arising out of accidental damage will not be payable by you. Red Shield will automatically be applied to all new credit accounts unless specifically excluded*
7.5% of Hire Rate
The first £250 of the cost of repair arising out of accidental damage will not be payable by you.
10% of Hire Rate
The first £500 of the cost of repair arising out of accidental damage will not be payable by you. Gold Shield will automatically be applied to all cash hires.
*Terms and Conditions apply
Red & Silver Shield do not protect against damage due to negligence. All Speedy Shield products do not protect against malicious damage. Speedy Shield only applies to hires for products within the ‘Tools & Equipment’, ‘Pipework & Engineering’ and ‘Lifting & Handling’ sections of the catalogue.
5. How do I apply for a My Speedy account?
Now you can streamline your account management with our free and easy online service called My Speedy. No paperwork, no calls and no fuss - just instant access to information for all of your accounts in one click! To register simply send an e-mail to email@example.com. We will send you a simple form to complete and can arrange for an advisor to visit you to discuss any complex set ups.
Once registered, you will receive a welcome pack with an easy user guide and most importantly we’ll also send you a feedback form. Your comments will be really helpful to ensure the continued development of this free service.
6. Do Speedy have an emergency out of hour’s service?
Speedy is pleased to offer our customers a 24/7 service* through Speedy Response which includes:
- Out of hours helpline
- Guaranteed all calls answered
- Breakdown cover nationwide
- Engineers on-call
- Escalation process to upper management
The Speedy Response facility is available from as little as just £5 per week. Contact your local depot for more information (click here to find your closest branch).
7. How do I arrange for equipment to be off-hired?
- Contact the issuing depot or department directly. The contract paperwork supplied at the time of collection/delivery contains the contact details for the relevant depot or department that can arrange the off-hire for you.
- If you wish to off-hire some equipment but do not have the necessary paperwork to hand please contact our Customer services department on 0845 601 5129 who will check your account and identify the issuing depot/department on your behalf.
- Equipment can also now be off-hired via the My Speedy facility. Click here to download a copy of our user guide which contains a section on how to off-hire equipment.
8. Delivery and collection
- You can pick up the equipment at one of our nationwide trade counters or we can deliver
- Wherever possible we’ll even deliver the same day if you need us to
- Provide your own transport and we will advise you on what type of vehicle you will need
- Because we understand concerns about manual handling, we will advise if extra assistance is required for loading and unloading
- For your added convenience the weight of each product is shown in kilograms as part of the description
- Save costs – get tools and consumables delivered together
9. Do Speedy offer training courses?
Speedy has a dedicated training division which provides a wide choice of courses from PASMA certification through to confined spaces. Our flexible approach enables us to tailor courses to fit your requirements. For further information on the range of training courses which Speedy has to offer or to arrange a course please contact our training centre on telephone number 0845 604 6682 or via e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
10. How can I get hold of copies of your catalogue, Safety from the Ground Up & health and safety literature?
Details of our complete product range can be found on our website, however if you require a copy of our handbook please click here where you will also be able to request hard copies of our health and safety literature. Alternatively, please feel free to contact our customer services team on 0845 601 5129 who will be happy to put the required information in the post for you.
If you are having any problems using this website or have any questions about the services Speedy Hire offer then please contact our customer services using the details below:
Speedy Hire Plc
1 The Parks
Tel: 0845 600 4509
Fax: 01942 402 870