INFORMATION ABOUT US
Our Site is operated by Speedy Hire Plc ("we", "us" and "our"). We are a public limited company incorporated in England and Wales under company number 927680 and have our registered office (and trading address) at Chase House, 16 The Parks, Newton-Le-Willows, Merseyside, WA12 0JQ. Our VAT number is 151 6295 70.
We are a member of the following professional bodies and trade associations:
- HAE: Hire Association of Europe;
- PASMA: Prefabricated Access Suppliers & Manufacturers Association;
- LEEA: Lifting Equipment Engineers Association;
- OPERC: Off-Highway Plant and Equipment Research Centre;
- European Rental Association;
- British Safety Council (International Assets Services);
- Confederation of British Industry;
- FTSE 4Good;
- Business in the Community;
- CPA: Contractors Plant Association;
- British Water Authority;
- Federation of Communication Service;
- MPBA: Modular & Portable Building Association.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND YOUR VISITS TO OUR SITE
ACCESSING OUR SITE
Access to our Site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our Site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our Site, or our entire Site.
Visitors under 18 should not attempt to hire any equipment, purchase services or products via our Site. Our blogs and interactive services should only be used by those under 18 with their parent's or guardian's permission.
We make no warranties, representations or undertakings about: any of the content of our Site (including, without limitation, any as to the quality, accuracy, completeness or fitness for any particular purpose of such content); the availability of our Site and its content whether provided by us, third parties or you; or any content of any other website referred to or accessed by hypertext link through this our Site ("3rd party site").
Our Site may link or show information from to 3rd party sites e.g. twitter and facebook. We do not endorse or approve the content of or information from any 3rd party site, nor will we have any liability in connection with any of them (including, but not limited to, liability arising out of any allegation that the content of any 3rd party site infringes any law or the rights of any person or entity).
TRANSACTIONS CONCLUDED THROUGH OUR SITE
Contracts for the hire of equipment formed through our Site are entered into by Speedy Asset Services Limited and are governed by Speedy Standard Terms And Conditions For Hire.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
"Speedy" is a UK registered trade mark of Speedy Hire PLC.
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Site, and in the material published on it.
The content of these pages is protected by copyright © Speedy Hire PLC 2011. You may download and print extracts from our Site and you can provide extracts to others – but you must not sell our content or republish it except as permitted below.
You are welcome to link to any of our pages, but do not do so in a way that is likely to give your users the mistaken impression that our content is yours or that our Site endorses or is affiliated with yours. Framing of our Site or any part of it is not permitted without our express permission.
Substantial copying of these pages in any form is prohibited. For example, you must seek our permission if you want to reproduce a press release, product information or any other material from our Site on your intranet or blog; but you are free to quote a single paragraph of text from a page of our Site without asking as long as you acknowledge the source (a clearly-visible link to speedyservices.com is sufficient attribution). Also, if you plan to copy short extracts from many of our pages, please seek our permission.
For the avoidance of doubt, caching of this Site is permitted by a service provider acting in the normal course of its business as provided for in the Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded from our Site in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our Site must always be acknowledged. You must not modify any notices or marks relating to ownership rights.
You must not use any part of the materials on our Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
RELIANCE ON INFORMATION
We do our best to ensure that the information on the Site is accurate and helpful at all times. However, we cannot warrant the accuracy of that information and cannot be held liable for any use or reliance you may make of or put on it.
UPLOADING MATERIAL TO OUR SITE
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload material to our Site, or to make contact with other visitors to our Site, you must comply with the content standards set out below. You confirm that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
Any material you upload to our Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy or law enforcement bodies.
We will not be responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other visitor of our Site. We will not be responsible, or liable to you or any third party for any loss or unavailability of content or materials you upload to our Site. We may cease access to our Site or any part of it at any time without any responsibility or liability to you or any third party.
You may use our Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards;
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our Site and your use of any services associated with the Site.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts);
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions);
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
CONTRIBUTIONS MUST NOT:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- Contain or promote sexually explicit material;
- Promote violence;
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- Be likely to deceive any person;
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- Promote any illegal activity;
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another´s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case;
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Site;
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our Site;
- Issue of a warning to you;
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- Further legal action against you;
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
VIRUSES, HACKING AND OTHER OFFENCES
You must not misuse our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, equipment or network, any software used by our Site, computer or database connected to our Site. You must not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
If you have any questions about our Site or concerns about material which appears on our Site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org