Location: Haydock, United Kingdom
Region: Central Functions
Job Category: IT/Software Development
Business Unit: IT Department
Job Type: Full Time (Permanent)
Hours: 08:30- 17:00
Speedy are the UK’s leading hire provider with the widest range of tools, specialist hire equipment, plant and support services – everything for every job!
Flexible location base.
Hybrid working model- homebased, expected to travel 1-2 days per week or less.
This opportunity is for someone to join the Speedy Digital team. The aim of the Digital team is to increase self-serve capability for our customers by building digital solutions as part of a multi-channel strategy.
This role will support the Head of Digital and Project Managers to oversee full delivery of our strategy and goals.
The role of the Business Analyst is to support in managing the delivery of each initiative, identifying areas of improvement through analytical thinking and problem solving. The successful candidate will be responsible for promoting a culture of change and continuous improvement to ensure we’re best in class. They will assist in all aspects of delivery and linking this to benefit realisation and where necessary in the planning/ideation.
- Captures the business goals and objectives within each project/programme/work stream and ensures the plan to reach these is broken down into doable tasks
- Supporting in analysing relevant data/reporting to identify opportunities and where we can link initiatives to benefits
- Ensure that initiatives impact can be accurately measured and work with the insights to identify and set up the reporting
- Works with and identify stakeholders to ensure buy in and alignment
- Plans the analysis approach on a project, programme or work stream. Identifies the deliverables needed and provides task and milestone estimates.
- Gathers and interprets information to participate in production of business cases
- Producing requirements documentation to a high standard that meet stakeholder needs, including user stories and providing requirements via this method.
- Managing the requirements throughout the project lifecycle; ensuring effective scope control and ensuring solution compliance to requirements is tracked through to implementation.
- Reviewing deliverables and providing constructive feedback.
- Prepare and provide documentation for internal teams and key stakeholders
- Liaising with relevant teams such as IT where we have dependencies for delivery
- Create and maintain content to ensure progress visibility and transparency with the wider team
- Preferred: transformation project experience
- Preferred: understanding of agile and ways of working
- Naturally curious about digital and a fast learner
- Comfortable operating at pace and with ambiguity, able and willing to pivot where necessary
- Strong inter-personal skills to ensure delivery across multiple stakeholders in very varied teams and disciplines
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of the business.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Customer focused with the ability to identify customer experience issues and drive solutions.
- Goal oriented and driven to enable a culture of continual improvement.
- Motivated and results oriented with the ability to deliver within tight timescales.
- Have strong planning, communication and presentation skills along with the capability to listen and influence at all levels of the organisation.
- Proactive ‘can do’ attitude with strong hands on approach
- Able to work outside of day to day boundaries and normal work activities
- Ability to use judgement to assess the complexity of situations and escalate to the appropriate where necessary.
- Ability to multi-task and handle numerous initiatives at any one time.
- Ability to manage own workloads and prioritise accordingly.
- Fundamentally a team player, must be influential and able to work comfortably outside their immediate team, gaining confidence of the various internal customer groups and building relationships with key internal/external suppliers
- Must have excellent analytical skills
- Strong understanding of what is required to deliver excellent customer service
- An intellectual approach and ability to quickly grasp concepts and solve complex problems
- Personable and able to bring other people on the journey
- Obsessed with customer experience and exceptional execution
- A self-starter with the desire to constantly learn, grow and be the best you can be
- Willing to adapt to the changes and needs of the business and project context
- Can make decisions with confidence, and act based on decisions
- Inspires others to be passionate about delivering an exceptional customer experience
- Creates a positive environment that supports others to be their best
- An understanding of architecture and technical discussion
- A strong communicator that can adapt for audiences of varying technical capabilities
- Experience creating great products, through well written user stories
- Proven track record that demonstrates ability to analyse, improve, document and monitor business improvement
- Proven digital transformation experience with well developed skills in implementing systems
- Demonstrate understanding of principles and practices in project management in an Agile environment
- Ability to create and refine product backlogs and assist product owners to determine priorities.
- Good knowledge and application of Use Cases, Process Maps, Data Flows and Diagrams.
- Experience working alongside Developers and Architects.
- Experience of working in Agile teams using KANBAN and SCRUM delivery process frameworks.
- Excellent communication skills are a must.
- Agile Project Management tools such as ADO or equivalent, Visio, and all Office Tools.
In return we offer a competitive salary with contributory pension scheme, 21 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays) rising to 26 days after 12 months, discretionary bonus scheme and life assurance. In addition you will be able to take advantage of our fantastic Salary Extras benefits scheme, offering cycle to work and various other discounts on a wide range of goods and services.
Please be aware Speedy reserves the right to close our vacancies earlier than the listed date if we have received a high level of applications. We would recommend that if you wish to be considered that you complete the application as promptly as possible.