Location: Guildford, United Kingdom
Job Category: Business/Strategic Management
Business Unit: UK Hire Southern
Job Type: Full Time (Permanent)
Hours: 07.30 - 17.00
We are looking for an experienced and knowledgeable Depot Manager preferably with a background in hire, retail or sales, to manage our busy depot in Guildford.
Introduction to Speedy…
We may have started small but we’ve always had big ideas. Since Speedy was established in 1977 we have grown into the UK’s leading hire business. Along the way we’ve won countless awards for innovation, safety and our commitment to training to name but a few. Our people are the heart of our business and it’s their commitment and professionalism that makes us the biggest and the best in the industry.
As a Depot Manager you will ensure that the customer is at the heart of everything we do, you will proactively manage the team, have the independence of running your own depot, drive the business forward and continue to deliver the first class customer service that makes Speedy the best in our sector!
You will work alongside the wider business area to ensure that our customers are receiving the highest level of customer service and that the products provided reflect the highest levels of excellence that makes Speedy the best and the safest hire company to do business with.
One measure of your success in the role will be embrace and implement sales campaigns and generate leads where possible for the sales team. In addition, using your coaching and mentoring skills, you will also be responsible for motivating and training staff. You should take pride in promoting cooperation and teamwork between colleagues whilst monitoring and managing branch standards.
- Experience managing a small team
- Customer focused, able to demonstrate the ability to understand customer needs and can get things done.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise work load and work under pressure to strict deadlines
- Demonstrate understanding and experience of managing Health and Safety practices at work
- Ability to understand and work with profit and loss accounts and budgets
- Capability to take ownership and responsibility
- Ability to adapt to individual and operational change in a diverse and fast-paced organisation
- PC literate
- General knowledge of the construction industry and trades including products.
- Previous experience of the hire process.
Speedy are the leading provider of hire products and supporting services to the construction, industrial and infrastructure sectors. We have a network of over 200 depots across the UK and Ireland, and over 3000 people who offer a nationwide service and look after the largest hire fleet in the market.
We also lead in health, safety and sustainability. We are the safest hire provider, based on accident and industry rates, and have the lowest carbon footprint in the industry. Our hire fleet also includes an increasing range of green option products, helping our customers improve their energy efficiency and reduce their environmental impact.
Vision, mission and values:
Our vision is to become the best company in our sector to do business with and the best to work for.
Our mission is to provide safe, reliable hire equipment and services to enable successful delivery of customer projects.
- Safe – the first priority in everything we do
- As One – working together to collectively achieve our goals
- Innovative – to continuously improve
- Driven – to deliver first class customer service