ETL Data Engineer
Location: Haydock, United Kingdom
Region: Central Functions
Job Category: IT/Software Development
Business Unit: IT
Job Type: Full Time (Permanent)
Hours: 08.30 - 17.00
Flexible hours available this includes job shares/ amended hours, we will consider all. Offering a work/life balance is of great importance to Speedy!
Speedy are the UK’s leading hire provider with the widest range of tools, specialist hire equipment, plant, and support services – everything for every job!
We are looking for individuals who want to support Speedy in developing data as an asset.
Flexible location base. Your skills and competencies are key.
Are you an enthusiastic Data Engineer eager to learn and deliver large complex digital transformation programmes? Do you have experience working on SQL integration projects?
This role will require at least 2 years’ recent experience using Microsoft SQL Server Toolsets. The role requires a knowledge of key aspects of Microsoft software to a level where the software can be used to benefit the organisation, engaging the end user, and allowing business questions to be answered.
A general interest in the Microsoft Data Platform is a benefit as you will be keen to keep abreast of product advancements.
The ability to understand data sets quickly is a must as is usage of the software to fulfil business requests.
- Support and assist with projects and work assignments
- Assist with the changing of SQL Routines and structures using the Microsoft toolsets
- Design and develop SQL integration projects, source data, structure data for best use and presentation
- Support definition of business requirements
- Preparation of testing scripts and user acceptance documentation
- Managing delivery of individual requests
- Ability to complete technical documentation
- Investigate issues and failures
- Support creation of work estimates
- Liaison with 3rd party support providers as required to manage incidents
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of data acquisition, data modelling and office integration solutions provided by Microsoft
- Detailed understanding of Data concepts
- Understanding of project methodologies and business process
- SQL Server solution knowledge with ability to contribute to delivering end-to-end solutions to meet complex business requirements
- Experience with SQL, Query builds, data analysis and table/meta design
- Knowledge of data structuring techniques an advantage
- Knowledge of Azure toolsets as we will be utilising these moving forwards. Data Factory, Synapse and PowerBI to name a few
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Good analytical problem-solving skills
- Calm under pressure and can meet tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships at all levels
- Ability to work with individuals to ensure quality of work, professionalism, and individual satisfaction
- Keen to develop and learn new skills
- Keen to share knowledge with colleagues
- Leadership ability or a drive to lead
- Forward thinker, a passion for development
Hard Work is rewarded
Your hard work leads to Speedy’s success, you will be generously rewarded. What's more, all our compensation packages include competitive pensions and benefits.
26 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays), discretionary bonus scheme and life assurance
Fantastic salary extras benefits scheme, offering cycle to work and various other discounts on a wide range of goods and services
Speedy offer a Career Line of Sight which enables a detailed understanding of the route to progression and growth within the Speedy Group.
Sound interesting? Apply now or reach out to Rabab.Rizvi@speedyservices.com
At Speedy we are passionate about people and career development.
Our Career Line of Sight programme will ensure you receive the training and support to help you be the best that you can be in your role and will encourage you to pursue your career aspirations.
In return we offer a competitive salary with contributory pension scheme, 26 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays), discretionary bonus scheme and life assurance.
You can also enjoy a 95% discount on all Speedy products and services.
Please be aware Speedy reserves the right to close our vacancies earlier than the listed date if we have received a high level of applications. We would recommend that if you wish to be considered that you complete the application as promptly as possible.
Please be aware that some roles within The Speedy Group UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check. The Speedy Group is an equal opportunity employer where we embrace diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. All roles within The Speedy Group require proof of right to work in the UK by the start of employment.