Finance Business Partner
Location: Haydock, United Kingdom
Region: Central Functions
Job Category: Head Office
Business Unit: Group Finance
Job Type: Full Time (Permanent)
Hours: 08:30- 17:00
Speedy are the UK’s leading hire provider with the widest range of tools, specialist hire equipment, plant and support services – everything for every job!
We're looking for an experienced finance business partner to join us and provide strategic support across our operational function. If you're a natural business partner and a born collaborator with real commercial flair, then it's your chance to create a big impact and build your profile with a business that always puts people at the heart of its strategy.
The purpose of this role is to build strong relationships with both operational and management teams, provide support and analysis that will add value in decision making. Review business KPIs and financial information to ensure that we are consistently improving our performance. The role will operate over a number of Regions, and will involve interaction with the operational, sales management teams and the wider Finance teams
What you’ll need:
Core Competencies & Skills
- People Skills
- Works collaboratively to deliver results
- Proven record of meeting deadlines.
- Strategic thinking
- Good negotiating skills.
- Ability to apply judgment in problem solving
- Good commercial/analysis skills
Qualifications & Experience
- Fully qualified Accountant or finalist in the process of studying towards a qualification.
- Knowledge of Speedy operational businesses.
- Knowledge in working with ERP applications (preferably Axapta, BPC).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills both internally across distances and externally with customers.
- Ability to tailor communications to the appropriate audience.
- Experience within a busy, fast-paced and dynamic environment
In return we offer a competitive salary with contributory pension scheme, 26 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays) plus company car or cash car allowance, discretionary bonus scheme and life assurance. In addition you will be able to take advantage of our fantastic Salary Extras benefits scheme, offering cycle to work and various other discounts on a wide range of goods and services.
Please be aware Speedy reserves the right to close our vacancies earlier than the listed date if we have received a high level of applications. We would recommend that if you wish to be considered that you complete the application as promptly as possible.