Graduate - Business Intelligence
Location: Haydock, United Kingdom
Region: Central - Support
Job Category: IT/Software Development
Business Unit: IT Department
Job Type: Full Time (Permanent)
Hours: 8.30 - 17.00
Speedy are the UK’s leading hire provider with the widest range of tools, specialist hire equipment, plant and support services – everything for every job!
The Reporting and Business Excellence team are looking for a graduate to provide knowledge, expertise and support to depots, departments and customers by way of analysis and reporting. Developing strong internal and external relationships across the group along with an analytical mind-set and the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines will be essential in order to ensure that information is accessible and available for business consumption.
What do we look for?
A successful candidate will align with certain departments to build an internal relationship with key stakeholders where they will become the point of contact within Reporting for their analytical requirements. Some examples of your responsibilities will be things such as:
- Assist with the rollout of the self-service reporting tools to analysts within the business
- Production of SQL server SSRS 2016 reports for designated business areas building of dashboards
- SQL Stored procedure development
- Development of data cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services
- Write specifications and designs of new reports
- Provide ad-hoc analysis of data using PowerBI/Tableau
- Investigate data areas and provide suggestions that will help drive operational efficiency and sales
- Support, manage and lead reporting projects
- Provide support to the users of the reporting solutions
- Work with our Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning 3rd party provider to ensure we get the most from that service
- Investigation of new BI tools/techniques/trends
What do we require?
- IT related degree 2:1 or above
- Knowledge of SQL
- Understanding of database design
- Analytical skills with a great attention to detail
- Confident, with excellent communication skills
- Organised and able to manage own time effectively
- Excellent IT skills (such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Excel)
- Understanding of DataWarehouse concepts
- Experience of working within a busy, fast paced business environment
- A knowledge of the construction industry
As well as completing your day-to-day role within the Risk and Assurance Team you will also be required to complete the two year Speedy Graduate Development Programme.
What is the Speedy Graduate Development Programme?
Our graduate development programme runs alongside the role you obtain. It enables successful applicants to develop the skills required to progress their career within Speedy and become a fully competent and professional member of the business. The programme consists of:
- On the job training within your department
- Support to obtain professional qualifications if relevant
- Completion of Business Experience Modules to understand and learn about all areas of the Speedy business and how they contribute to our success
- Access to Speedy’s internal learning and development courses
- The chance to complete an Exec Board project
- Enrolment onto the first level of Speedy’s High Potential Programme (HiPo)
- The provision of an experienced professional mentor from within the Speedy business
If you would like to discuss the graduate opportunity detailed above, please feel free to contact Gillian Roberts, Careers Manager on email@example.com or 01942 327853.