HR Business Partner
Location: Haydock, United Kingdom
Region: Central - Support
Job Category: Human Resources
Business Unit: HR
Job Type: Full Time (Permanent)
Hours: 08:30- 17:00
The main purpose of the role is to provide expert HR business partnering, strategic support and advice to a given business area in turn helping to ensure that our people are highly engaged, high performing and work well together to help Speedy deliver its goals. The role will be primarily based at our Head Office in Haydock but will require flexibility to travel UK wide.
We are currently recruiting for 2 vacancies- with immediate start dates.
- Build and maintain strong business relationships with relevant business leaders and professionals ensuring they are supported, coached and fully facilitated
- Be the first point of contact for all strategic and high level HR related matters
- Deliver comprehensive HR and business consultation in a commercial and strategically focused manner
- Deliver relevant strategic, pro-active and market aligned advice to managers (aligning to and supporting companywide business and HR Group goals)
- Identify and communicate any potential risks and take appropriate action / give appropriate advice
- Lead and contribute to change management, organisation development, merger or acquisition initiatives to identify and ensure any people issues are considered during planning, design, implementation and integration phases
- Support and influence policy development and process in line with the HR strategy and business plan
- Provide project management leadership / support for various HR actions including, but not limited to, hires, terminations, promotions, transfers, succession planning, salary planning and incentive schemes as required
- Collaborate with business area and HR experts / specialists to facilitate robust professional development programs and practices including performance management, skills training, career / leadership development, succession planning, team development, mentoring and professional coaching, Recruitment & Selection and Pay & Reward
- Lead by example and influence via best practice
- Provide high level data and reporting to stakeholders as needed
- Ensure own continuous professional development by participating in external networking / conferences / associations / groups to stay current on employment law and developments in HR delivery and thinking
- Maintain a positive and solution oriented approach to work, providing open and honest feedback
- At all times present a professional and positive image of the HR department and the company as well as maintaining mutually constructive, positive and beneficial relationships
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure appropriate confidentiality
- Undertake other duties, training and / or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this role
- Graduate calibre or equivalent
- Fully CIPD qualified
- Demonstrable commercial awareness
- Knowledge and experience in all aspects of employment law
- Experience within a busy, fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate confidently at all levels (written and verbally)
- Demonstrable experience in Employee Relations, Talent and Succession Management, Change Management and Organisational Design.
- Policy and procedure development
- Experience in TUPE transfers, M&A and share purchases
- Proven project management capabilities
Speedy are the leading provider of hire products and supporting services to the construction, industrial and infrastructure sectors. We have a network of over 200 depots across the UK and Ireland, and over 3000 people who offer a nationwide service and look after the largest hire fleet in the market.
We also lead in health, safety and sustainability. We are the safest hire provider, based on accident and industry rates, and have the lowest carbon footprint in the industry. Our hire fleet also includes an increasing range of green option products, helping our customers improve their energy efficiency and reduce their environmental impact.
Vision, mission and values:
Our vision is to become the best company in our sector to do business with and the best to work for.
Our mission is to provide safe, reliable hire equipment and services to enable successful delivery of customer projects.
- Safe – the first priority in everything we do
- As One – working together to collectively achieve our goals
- Innovative – to continuously improve
- Driven – to deliver first class customer service