Heavy Manufacturing Fitter
Location: Wednesbury, United Kingdom
Region: Lloyds British
Job Category: Engineering
Business Unit: Engineering Services
Job Type: Full Time (Permanent)
As a leading designer and manufacturer of lifting and handling equipment in the UK, Lloyds
British has been providing bespoke lifting solutions industry for over 200 years. In consideration that the products are purpose designed to suit the particular clients requirements, the work is varied, low volume, high value and is not repetitive. An all-round skill set in mechanical fitting with some electrical knowledge will be ideal for the role.
In December 2016 Lloyds British was acquired by Speedy, bringing additional specialist lifting services and expertise to the Speedy business
We are looking to recruit a Heavy Manufacturing Fitter within our Manufacturing Business which designs, manufactures and repairs purpose designed lifting equipment. To build new equipment and assist with the refurbishment and assembly of overhauled equipment in the workshop. To deliver the highest quality of manufacture, repair, on time and to budget, and in accordance with Company and customer specific requirements.
Lloyds British Heavy Manufacturing Fitter will be required to build medium to large complex assemblies and equipment.
Working from engineering drawings, you will be required to undertake a variety of mechanical fitting duties
Fit and assembly of mechanical components making use of appropriate machinery/hand tools
- Ensure that all HS&E policies and the company ISO guidelines and processes are adhered to during manufacture
- Carrying out various manufacturing disciplines with a degree of flexibility and integrity and working efficiently to achieve “on time” targets of an excellent quality to company expectations.
- A pro-active approach to health, safety and environmental practices in the workshop at all times and assist in driving the required cultural by adopting our key safety values.
- Work with the Engineering Manager to ensure accurate and on time completion of machining requirements,
- Ensure a high level of housekeeping and that your area of responsibility is visitor ready at all times.
What you will need:
- Time Served craftsperson in appropriate discipline or relevant qualifications and job experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and engineering drawings.
- Fabrication skills would be an added advantage although not essential.
- Observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyses information skilfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; willingness to be flexible.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with change, delays, or unexpected events
Must have experience with heavy mechanical machinery
In return we offer a competitive salary with contributory pension scheme, 21 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays) rising to 26 days after 12 months, discretionary bonus scheme and life assurance. In addition you will be able to take advantage of our fantastic Salary Extras benefits scheme, offering cycle to work and various other discounts on a wide range of goods and services.
Please be aware Speedy reserves the right to close our vacancies earlier than the listed date if we have received a high level of applications. We would recommend that if you wish to be considered that you complete the application as promptly as possible.