Hire Desk Manager Partnered Services
Location: Haydock, United Kingdom
Region: Trading & Direct
Job Category: Support/Sales
Business Unit: Partnered Services
Job Type: Full Time (Permanent)
Speedy are the UK’s leading hire provider with the widest range of tools, specialist hire equipment, plant and support services – everything for every job!
As the Hire Desk Manager you will provide strong leadership to the Customer Service Managers and direct employees ensuring all aspects of performance and processes are completed in line with budgeted targets and expectations.
- Management of Hire Desk Controllers to achieve key accountabilities in line with their job description.
- Manage and develop direct reports and provide indirect leadership, influencing behaviours and culture across Partnered Services and wider Speedy business
- Ensuring that employees are coached, trained and developed to meet the department’s and their own development needs and they are in line with company requirements
- Ensure close working relationships formed within the wider team and create a seamless workflow process
- Managing employee disciplinary issues in the department and reporting issues to (and seeking advice from) General Manager/HR Business Partner
- Conducting effective employee 1-2-1’s on a regular basis
- Planning of employee’s working schedules and resource for absence
- Ensuring that all employees receive an induction and training applicable to their role
- Actioning and monitoring recruitment needs, and employees performance on attendance/ absence and retention of employees
- Provide accurate reporting and information to agreed timeframes and deadlines for Regional Director
- Champion the Partnered Services function and process both internally and externally
- Implement strategies and deploy resources to meet department process requirements
- Prompt completion of management reports, e.g. KPI’s, attendance records etc
- Ensuring that all employees are aware and comply with the Health and Safety policy document and that they work to it at all times
- Utilising commercial acumen to lead the liaison between external customers and internal employee’s to proactively manage all elements of the Partnered Services process/function
- Establish and maintain effective Internal working relationships including Operations, Sales, Finance and other relationships
- Contribution in regular reviews to improve customer service, performance and productivity
- Monitoring SLA’s and KPI’s in order to facilitate improvements
- Review and improve the Rant and Rant scorecards
- Ensure all policies are adhered to and controls are effective
- Drive continuous improvements including innovative process change
- Drive a positive culture throughout Partnered Services
- Effective delivery of audit requirements and prompt implementation of any recommendations for improvement
- Review and manage Customer Service Managers weekly/monthly and year to date desk performance.
- Develop and implement continuous improvement plans in line with company strategy
What you’ll need:
- Ability to motivate and manage Customer Service Managers and a large team demonstrating influencing and persuasive skills, gaining buy in from stakeholders
- Demonstrated strong coaching and development skills
- Previous management experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead process changes.
- Excellent negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven commercial acumen
- High level of integrity and trust
- Capable of developing strong relationships internally and externally
- Track record of delivering high levels of customer service to internal and external customers.
- Flexibility in all areas of the role
- Microsoft office including Excel, Outlook etc
- Experience of working within the hire industry
- Able to demonstrate success/improvement in areas of department results and performance
- Axapta & Onguard
In return we offer a competitive salary with contributory pension scheme, 21 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays) rising to 26 days after 12 months, discretionary bonus scheme and life assurance. In addition you will be able to take advantage of our fantastic Salary Extras benefits scheme, offering cycle to work and various other discounts on a wide range of goods and services.
Please be aware Speedy reserves the right to close our vacancies earlier than the listed date if we have received a high level of applications. We would recommend that if you wish to be considered that you complete the application as promptly as possible.