IT Infrastructure Analyst
Location: Haydock, United Kingdom
Region: Central - Support
Job Category: IT/Software Development
Business Unit: IT Department
Job Type: Full Time (Permanent)
Hours: 08:30- 17:00
We may have started small but we’ve always had big ideas. Since Speedy was established in 1977, We’ve grown into the UK’s leading hire business. Along the way we’ve won countless awards for innovation, safety and our commitment to training to name but a few. Our people are the heart of our business and it’s their commitment and professionalism that makes us the biggest and the best in the industry.
We deal with thousands of customers every year, providing them with a first class service and helping ensure they can successfully deliver their projects. And that’s where you come in.
A new role has become available within our IT Department. The Infrastructure Analyst will be responsible for controlling and providing ongoing pro-active maintenance and support for any infrastructure issues. They will also be responsible for the provision and integration of new infrastructure to support the systems as the business grows, as well as defining standard and policies in conjunction with the IT team.
- Ongoing pro-active maintenance of both servers and networks.
- Research and development for new ideas to improve the infrastructure.
- Implementation of new infrastructure to support new business applications.
- To consult on infrastructure problems, and provide suitable solutions
- Providing support to the service desk/desktop team with any server or network related issues.
- Ensuring the back ups are functioning correctly and are monitored for any issues.
- Involved in disaster recovery plan, both in establishing the plan and the ongoing testing/maintenance of the plan.
- Supporting IT systems across all channels (HQ, DC, Depots, Superstores and any other Speedy building).
-Training other members of the team as appropriate.
- System administration.
- Ensuring the systems are secure and that we are compliant with security standards
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and be able to develop strong relationships with the team and also IT stakeholders. Technical service delivery will be essential and experience in developing processes and procedures would be ideal as our commitment to continuous improvement is paramount.
Speedy are the leading provider of hire products and supporting services to the construction, industrial and infrastructure sectors. We have a network of over 200 depots across the UK and Ireland, and over 3000 people who offer a nationwide service and look after the largest hire fleet in the market.
We also lead in health, safety and sustainability. We are the safest hire provider, based on accident and industry rates, and have the lowest carbon footprint in the industry. Our hire fleet also includes an increasing range of green option products, helping our customers improve their energy efficiency and reduce their environmental impact.
Vision, mission and values:
Our vision is to become the best company in our sector to do business with and the best to work for.
Our mission is to provide safe, reliable hire equipment and services to enable successful delivery of customer projects.
- Safe – the first priority in everything we do
- As One – working together to collectively achieve our goals
- Innovative – to continuously improve
- Driven – to deliver first class customer service