IT Infrastructure Analyst
Location: Haydock, United Kingdom
Region: Central - Support
Job Category: IT/Software Development
Business Unit: IT Department
Job Type: Full Time (Permanent)
Hours: 08:30- 17:00
A new role has become available within our IT Infrastructure Operations Team. The Infrastructure Analyst will be responsible for controlling and providing ongoing pro-active maintenance and support for any infrastructure issues. The analyst will also be responsible for the provision and integration of new infrastructure technologies to support the business as it grows, as well as defining standards and policies in conjunction with the IT team.
We may have started small but we've always had big ideas. Since Speedy was established in 1977, We've grown into the UKs leading hire business. Along the way we've won countless awards for innovation, safety and our commitment to training to name but a few. Our people are the heart of our business and its their commitment and professionalism that makes us the biggest and the best in the industry.
We deal with thousands of customers every year, providing them with a first class service and helping ensure they can successfully deliver their projects. And thats where you come in.
- Ongoing pro-active maintenance/monitoring of both server and network Infrastructure
- Design and Implementation of new infrastructure to support new business applications/growth
- To consult and advise on infrastructure problems, and provide suitable solutions
- Provide 3rd Line support to the service desk/desktop team with any server or network related issues
- Review system software and firmware updates for services within the operations team remit and identify those that merit action, making recommendations for implementation.
- Act as technical resource, in support of project installations which utilise a variety of technologies
- Ensure all IT systems function within the parameters of the Service Level Agreements (SLA's)
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and be able to develop strong relationships with the team and also IT stakeholders. Technical service delivery will be essential and experience in developing processes and procedures would be ideal as our commitment to continuous improvement is paramount.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communicator both written and verbally
- The ability to work well alone and under pressure
- Experience of supporting VMWare environments 5.x/6.x - Including build, deployment and migration
- Experience of supporting Citrix XenApp 6.x/7.x environments - Including build, deployment and migration
- A good understanding of core networking technologies and structured infrastructure
- A good understanding of storage technologies
- A good understanding of security best practices
- Experience in build and support of Microsoft Server technologies
- Correctly assess impact and urgency of issues and prioritise accordingly
- Ability to independently manage workloads and regularly report back on progress to management
- Knowledge of ITIL and industry best practices
- Ability to document procedures to assist other team members in performing tasks
The following is desirable but not essential
- Citrix XenApp
- Citrix XenDesktop
- Microsoft Exchange
- Industry experience in Virtualisation Technologies – Preferably VMware
- Industry experience in Backup Technologies – Preferably Veeam/DPM
- Industry experience in Monitoring tools – Preferably Solarwinds
- Wi-Fi Technologies – Preferably Motorola
- Security/AV technologies – Sophos Suite
To apply for this role send your CV to Rabab.Rizvi@speedyservices.com
Speedy Services is the UK’s leading service provider offering equipment for both hire and sales and associated services to construction, infrastructure, industrial and related industries.