Lifting Technical Trainer
Location: Erith, United Kingdom
Region: Speedy Solutions
Job Category: Education/Training/Instruction
Business Unit: Speedy Training
Job Type: Full Time (Permanent)
Hours: 08:00 - 17:00
Speedy are the UK’s leading hire provider with the widest range of tools, specialist hire equipment, plant and support services – everything for every job!
An opportunity has arisen for a Technical Instructor to join our team with knowledge of all lifting equipment and technical training work within the inspection team. We deal with thousands of customers every year providing them with a first-class service and helping ensure they can successfully deliver their projects. Behind the scenes we work to ensure we constantly meet and exceed their expectations and that’s where you come in!
As a Technical Instructor within Speedy, you will deliver a range of technical training as well as advising our customers on technical aspects to enable them to complete the work correctly and safely. You’ll work autonomously to plan and execute training required for individuals' development. You will also have the ability to design, prepare, test and deliver new training courses.
Supporting your business unit/team to deliver our ESG Strategy – Decade to Deliver.
At Speedy, we want to help you develop and progress; but we’ll need you to demonstrate these skills and attributes for us to be able to support you…
What you’ll need:
- Proven experience in lifting and materials handling
- National Plant Operators Registration Scheme (NPORS) or Independent Training Standards Scheme and Register (ITSSAR) instructor accreditations are desirable
- Knowledge of lifting regulations including: Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER), Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER), The Health and Safety at Work Act, BS 7121
- Lifting Equipment Engineers Association (LEEA) Qualifications are desirable
- Applicants wanted for specific course delivery of one or all of these courses: Overhead Crane Operation; Inspection of Portable Lifting Equipment; Appointed Person; Mobile Crane Operation; Crane Supervisor; Rigging and Slinging
What we offer:
- 26 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Life assurance
- Pension Scheme
- 95% discount on our products
- Plus, other Salary Extras/Discounts
Our Career Line of Sight programme will ensure you receive the training and support to help you be the best that you can be in your role and will encourage you to pursue your career aspirations.
Flexible hours available this includes job shares/ amended hours, we will consider all. Offering a work/life balance is of great importance to Speedy!
Speedy reserves the right to close our vacancies earlier than the listed date if we have received a high level of applications. We would recommend that if you wish to be considered that you complete the application as promptly as possible.
Please be aware that some roles within The Speedy Group UK&I may require one or more of the following - DBS, Credit, Security Clearance or Health & Safety Check.
The Speedy Group is an equal opportunity employer where we embrace diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. All roles within The Speedy Group require proof of right to work in the UK by the start of employment.