Location: Haydock, United Kingdom
Region: Central Functions
Job Category: Head Office
Business Unit: Group Finance
Job Type: Full Time (Permanent)
Hours: 08:30- 17:00
Speedy are the UK’s leading hire provider with the widest range of tools, specialist hire equipment, plant and support services – everything for every job!
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a part-qualified Management Accountant to join our extremely successful finance team. We are looking for an ambitious and adaptable Management Accountant to join our dynamic finance function on a permanent basis.
The main purpose of this role is to assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts for UK&I and provision of financial support to the operational management through the production of financial information. The role will operate over a number of areas and will involve interaction the wider Finance teams
Core Competencies & Skills
- Works independently as well as part of a team.
- Proven record of meeting deadlines.
- Good negotiating skills.
- Ability to apply judgment in problem solving
- Good commercial/analysis skills
Qualifications & Experience
- Working towards relevant accounting qualification or qualified by experience.
- Knowledge of Speedy operational businesses.
- Knowledge in working with ERP applications (preferably Axapta, BPC).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills both internally across distances and externally with customers.
- Ability to tailor communications to the appropriate audience
In return we offer a competitive salary with contributory pension scheme, 21 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays) rising to 26 days after 12 months, discretionary bonus scheme and life assurance. In addition you will be able to take advantage of our fantastic Salary Extras benefits scheme, offering cycle to work and various other discounts on a wide range of goods and services.
Please be aware Speedy reserves the right to close our vacancies earlier than the listed date if we have received a high level of applications. We would recommend that if you wish to be considered that you complete the application as promptly as possible.