Mechanical Repair Technician
Location: Newport, United Kingdom
Region: Ops Support
Job Category: Engineering
Business Unit: NSC
Job Type: Full Time (Permanent)
Hours: 07.30 - 16.30
Is work life balance important to you? Do you want an extra day off every other week to spend time doing what you want to do? This location is currently participating in a flexible working trial working 84 hours (average 42 hours per week) over 9 working days instead of 10 on a Monday to Friday basis only.
Mechanical Repair Technician - Newport - Monday to Friday - 07.30-16.30
Speedy are the UK’s leading hire provider with the widest range of tools, specialist hire equipment, plant and support services – everything for every job!
Based in the depot, the Mechanical Repair Technician plays a key role in our operations, performing mechanical repairs, assembly and servicing on our range of industrial products such as power tools and lifting equipment, ensuring that all repairs and maintenance of equipment is prioritised effectively.
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will have experience in maintaining mechanical and electrical equipment. If you have experience in the Hire industry that is great, if not that’s not a problem as long as you can demonstrate a sound understanding of the maintenance of the equipment we hire.
Experience working on mechanical tools and power tools i.e. drills/breakers, mixers, vacuum cleaners, plate compactors, 2/4 stroke garden equipment, battery/110 and 240v lights, electric/gas/diesel heating, diesel/ petrol generators, mini lighting towers, petrol disc cutters, power floats, powered access
• Routine service and maintenance of all hire equipment and products including electrical testing where required
• Carry out the refurbishment of equipment and products where necessary
• Liaise with the Workshop Manager when spare parts are required to ensure cost-effective repairs
• Ensure service records are maintained and updated onto the in-house system (Spanner) and daily worksheets are populated
• Ensure that all equipment is cleaned to the highest standard ready for hire
What you’ll need:
- Good computer skills, IT literate
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Able to work under pressure and as part of a team
- Ensure the workshop is safe, tidy and organised at all times
- Adhere to company guidelines on Health & Safety at work at all times
- Carry out other tasks and duties as required
- Good manual handling awareness skills
What we offer:
- 26 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Life assurance
- Pension Scheme
- 95% discount on our products
- Plus other Salary Extras/Discounts
Speedy offer a Career Line of Sight which enables a detailed understanding of the route to progression and growth within the Speedy Group.
Please be aware Speedy reserves the right to close our vacancies earlier than the listed date if we have received a high level of applications. We would recommend that if you wish to be considered that you complete the application as promptly as possible.
Please be aware that some roles within The Speedy Group UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check. The Speedy Group is an equal opportunity employer where we embrace diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. All roles within The Speedy Group require proof of right to work in the UK by the start of employment.