PMO Governance Manager
Location: Liverpool, United Kingdom
Region: Central Functions
Job Category: Head Office
Business Unit: IT Department
Job Type: Full Time (Permanent)
Hours: 08:30- 17:00
Speedy are the UK’s leading hire provider with the widest range of tools, specialist hire equipment, plant and support services – everything for every job!
Flexible location base.
Hybrid working model- homebased, expected to travel 1-2 days per week or less.
Summer 2020 saw the launch of our Speedy strategy - Simplify, Standardise & Grow (SSG), and as we continue on this journey with our Transformation team, we have a exciting new opportunity for a PMO Governance Manager.
We are looking for a dedicated individual to join Speedy as a PMO Governance Manager. The responsibilities of the PMO Governance Manager include managing the day-to-day activities in the PMO, providing guidance on PMO policies and processes, supporting the project and programme management delivery team, create regular quality management information reporting and collaborating with other departments to develop projects and programmes in the portfolio.
To be successful as a PMO Governance Manager, you should demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills, be well organised and able to work under pressure.
What you’ll need:
- Prince 2 or other Project Management qualifications required.
- ICSA/ CIPFA or other Corporate Governance qualification would be advantageous.
- A minimum of five years' experience in the project management.
- Experince in Smartsheets or Microsoft Project required.
- Azure DevOps would be beneficial.
- Experience in managing budgets and providing forecasts
- Excellent organisational and technical skills.
- Good interpersonal and multi-tasking skills.
- Can provide expert advice and has strong leadership skills.
- Good Microsoft Word, Excel and general PC skills
- Ability to plan and organise own workload, while working under pressure to strict deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, a confident communicator, with the ability to tailor communication methods to a diverse audience
- Good attention to detail and ability to deliver accurate, and high quality work
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work
- Self-motivated and drive for continuous improvement
- Ability to be trusted when dealing with sensitive and confidential information
- A change-champion who embraces change, and are a natural “out of the box” thinker
- Able to prioritise a multi-channel workload, through the allocation of work, whilst identifying trends and constantly reviewing performance
- A pragmatic approach to problem solving, combined with a solid understanding of root-cause analysis
In return we offer a competitive salary with contributory pension scheme, 21 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays) rising to 26 days after 12 months, discretionary bonus scheme and life assurance. In addition you will be able to take advantage of our fantastic Salary Extras benefits scheme, offering cycle to work and various other discounts on a wide range of goods and services.
Please be aware Speedy reserves the right to close our vacancies earlier than the listed date if we have received a high level of applications. We would recommend that if you wish to be considered that you complete the application as promptly as possible.