Location: Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Region: UK&I HIRE
Job Category: Engineering
Business Unit: UK Hire Southern
Job Type: Full Time (Permanent)
Hours: 07.30 - 17.00
Plant Fitter / Engineer, Monday to Friday 7.30am - 5pm Monday to Friday
Do you have an interest in engines or engine maintenance and want a role that provides continuous training and development?
Speedy are the UK’s leading hire provider with the widest range of tools, specialist hire equipment, plant and support services – everything for every job!
What we offer:
- Ongoing training
- Career progression - progress into a different role in the future, we want to ensure that we are providing you with all of the support needed to achieve your goals!
- 26 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Life assurance
- Pension Scheme
- 95% discount on our products
- Plus other Salary Extras/Discounts
On a day-to-day basis:
- Inspection, testing, maintenance and repair of plant hire equipment in the depot
- Work directly with other engineers in the depot and liaising regularly with drivers and the hire desk team to ensure repairs and maintenance of plant equipment is prioritised effectively
What you’ll need:
- Proven ability to test and repair plant equipment to the highest standard, ideally gained within the hire industry or similar
- NVQ Level 2 or City & Guilds equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Technical/engineering background is desirable
- Flexible approach to working hours
Please be aware Speedy reserves the right to close our vacancies earlier than the listed date if we have received a high level of applications. We would recommend that if you wish to be considered that you complete the application as promptly as possible.