Powered Access Technical Trainer
Location: London and Kent , United Kingdom
Region: Powered Access
Job Category: Education/Training/Instruction
Business Unit: External Training
Job Type: Full Time (Permanent)
Hours: 08:00- 17:00
Speedy are the UK’s leading hire provider with the widest range of tools, specialist hire equipment, plant and support services – everything for every job!
An opportunity has arisen for a Technical Instructor to join our team with knowledge of all lifting equipment and technical training work within the inspection team. We deal with thousands of customers every year providing them with a first class service and helping ensure they can successfully deliver their projects. Behind the scenes we work to ensure we constantly meet and exceed their expectations and that’s where you come in! As a Technical Instructor within Speedy, you will deliver a range of technical training as well as advising our customers on Technical aspects to enable them to complete the work correctly and safely. You’ll work autonomously to plan and execute training required for individuals ‘development. As a Technical Instructor you also have the ability to design, prepare, test and deliver new training courses.
At Speedy, we want to help you develop and progress; but we’ll need you to demonstrate these skills and attributes for us to be able to support you…
What you’ll need:
- Proven experience in lifting and materials handling
- National Plant Operators Registration Scheme (NPORS) or Independent Training Standards Scheme and Register (ITSSAR) instructor accreditations are desirable
- Knowledge of lifting regulations including: Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER), Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER), The Health and Safety at Work Act, BS 7121
- Lifting Equipment Engineers Association (LEEA) Qualifications are desirable
- Applicants wanted for specific course delivery of one or all of these courses: Overhead Crane Operation; Inspection of Portable Lifting Equipment; Appointed Person; Mobile Crane Operation; Crane Supervisor; Rigging and Slinging
In return we offer a competitive salary with contributory pension scheme, 21 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays) rising to 26 days after 12 months, discretionary bonus scheme and life assurance. In addition you will be able to take advantage of our fantastic Salary Extras benefits scheme, offering cycle to work and various other discounts on a wide range of goods and services.
Please be aware Speedy reserves the right to close our vacancies earlier than the listed date if we have received a high level of applications. We would recommend that if you wish to be considered that you complete the application as promptly as possible.