Location: Hatton Cross, United Kingdom
Job Category: Logistics/Transportation
Business Unit: UK Hire Sales - Southern
Job Type: Full Time (Permanent)
Hours: 07:30 - 17:00
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Transport Coordinator to organise and coordinate all aspects of the transport function within the depot, providing key support to the Depot Manager. This will involve a variety of tasks, focussing on delivery, collections and fuel scheduling, booking external haulage including purchase order arrangement, staff management and training, maintaining product knowledge and arranging for the upkeep of all vehicles.
- Scheduling of all deliveries/collections/fuel
- Deal with day to day issues raising concerns
- Book relevant external haulage as and when required
- Raise and send purchase orders for external haulage used
- Ensuring PDAs are being used correctly and also ensure systems are utilised.
- Complete Monthly Tool Box talk in the presence of all drivers and depot manager
- Responsible for up keep of all vehicles
- Act as on call coordinator on a rota basis
- Willing to complete any deliveries/collections as and when required
- Wearing full uniform and PPE at all times
- Maintaining knowledge of the group’s equipment for hire/sale and activities
- Conducting additional ad hoc duties as may be required
- Supporting and communicating effectively with the depot team
- Experience from an operational role within Logistics or Transportation.
You will be the face of logistical organisation within the store; the go-to player to resolve transport issues and stock management.
Your critical attention to detail and confidence to take the lead to tackle problems will be the key attributes to your success!
Speedy Services is the UK’s leading service provider offering equipment for both hire and sales and associated services to construction, infrastructure, industrial and related industries.