Location: Cambuslang, Glasgow, United Kingdom
Region: Scotland & Ireland
Job Category: Engineering
Business Unit: MSC
Job Type: Full Time (Permanent)
Hours: 07.30 - 16.30
Speedy are the UK’s leading hire provider with the widest range of tools, specialist hire equipment, plant and support services – everything for every job!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Workshop Manager to play a vital role within operations to help us deliver a high quality and consistent service in a cost effective way whilst ensuring optimal use of our assets. You will manage a team of multi-disciplined engineers to ensure KPIs are met and equipment is ready for the customer to hire, ensuring compliance with all Health & Safety and Environmental regulations at all times including the completion of all statutory training.
What you’ll need:
- Previous supervisory experience ideally in hire/engineering or similar
- Strong mechanical or electrical engineering background as there may be times when you need to get hands on in the role
- Formal engineering qualifications would be desirable
- Good level of computer literacy
- Sound communication skills, both written and verbal
In return we offer a competitive salary with contributory pension scheme, 21 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays) rising to 26 days after 12 months, discretionary bonus scheme and life assurance. In addition you will be able to take advantage of our fantastic Salary Extras benefits scheme, offering cycle to work and various other discounts on a wide range of goods and services.