The regulations define ‘Working at Height’ as work in any place where a person can fall a distance and could suffer injury.
This can be above or below ground, so if you are working on a roof or beside a trench and you could fall, you are working at height.
Fragile surfaces that you could fall through are also covered in the legislation.
- Construction accounts for about of fatality in the workplace.
- Over 35 deaths per year from falls from height.
- 42% of fatal accidents in construction are caused by falls from height.
- 20% of major injuries in construction are caused by falls from height.
- 60% of major injuries result from falls from below head height.
- Slips, trips and falls from height cost society £800 million per annum.
- Nearly 6,000 injuries per year from falls from height.
Error rendering view "~/Areas/bcms-speedycatalogue/Views/Catalogue/Widgets/SummerProductsWidget.cshtml": Error executing child request for handler 'System.Web.Mvc.HttpHandlerUtil+ServerExecuteHttpHandlerAsyncWrapper'.