Duration: 6 Hours minimum
Max Number of Delegates: 12
Length of Certification: 5 Years
Who Should Attend?
Any person who has responsibility for overseeing the work of operatives on site ensuring that work is properly planned organised and that those involved in carrying out the work are competent and properly training and that towers are correctly inspected and maintained.
To learn about current legislation, regulations and guidance affecting work at height using mobile access towers.
Since the safe use of mobile access towers requires that delegates consult safety notices and read and thoroughly understand the manufacturer’s instruction manual, literacy and language comprehension are important requirements for any tower user.
Similarly, since the assembly and use of mobile access towers can be physically demanding, users should be physically fit and in good health and should, generally, not have problems with eyesight or hearing, heart disease, high blood pressure, epilepsy, fear of heights/ vertigo, giddiness / difficulty with balance, impaired limb function, alcohol or drug dependence or psychiatric illness.
If delegates have any problems with the above or have any doubts about their fitness to use mobile access towers, they must bring them to the attention of their employer. This need not preclude them from using mobile access towers providing their employer conducts an assessment and can put adequate measures in place.
- Legislation, Regulations and Guidance affecting working at height with mobile access towers
- PASMA Code of Practice
- Product standards EN 1004:2004
- A look at assembling, altering and dismantling towers
- Incorporating current best practice for fall protection including 3T method and the advanced guardrail system
- Inspection of completed mobile access towers
- Completion of tower inspection records
- Hazards affecting the use of low level and standard mobile access units and how to avoid them
Suggested Follow-up Courses
- PASMA Low Level Access
- PASMA Tower for Users
- Safe Working at Heights
Theory session with exercises
Courses are run nationally 6 days a week. For further information fill out the form below.