Entry into Confined Spaces with Escape Breathing Apparatus
Duration: 1 Day
Max Number of Delegates: 10
Length of Certification: 3 Years
Accreditation: In House
Who Should Attend?
The following course is designed for companies and their staff that will be entering areas that will be classified as confined spaces and where there may be a risk to lives or serious injuries.
This course will cover the Confined Space Regulations 1997 in detail and the aim of this course will be to provide awareness a safe working environment within a confined space, and to make staff aware of procedures to ensure a safe entry and exit into a confined space, to have emergency procedures in place in the event of an emergency arising whilst operators are working in the confined space.
Lectures, presentation, DVD, PowerPoint, practical exercises. Hand-outs will include extracts from all current and relevant Health and Safety Legislation.
Theory and practical.
It is required that delegates who attend this course and work in confined spaces, using escape breathing apparatus sets should be physically fit. It is recommended that delegates who attend this course should have received and passed a breathing apparatus users medical examination prior to attendance, and be physically fit.
- Interpretation and recognition of confined spaces.
- Applications and duties under the Regulations.
- Risk assessment.
- Preventing the need for entry.
- Safe working in confined spaces
- Use of a permit to work procedures.
- Plant and equipment.
- Use of gas detection equipment.
- Use of escape breathing apparatus sets compressed air.
- Use of personal protection equipment. Tripod, winch, safety lines and harnesses.
- Ventilation equipment.
- Maintenance checks.
- Manning levels.
- Methods of communication.
- Personal hygiene.
- Emergency and rescue procedures.
- First Aid
- Fire Safety
- Control of Plant
Courses are run nationally 6 days a week. For further information fill out the form below.