Lorry Mounted Crane
Duration: 1-2 Days
Max Number of Delegates: 3
Length of Certification: 3 Years
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for personnel who will be lifting loads using a Lorry Mounted Crane. Duration is dependent on delegates experience.
To teach the operators to safely sling loads and to use the Lorry Mounted Crane.
Classroom based and practical exercises and group participation.
Courses are run nationally 6 days a week. For further information fill out the form below.
On completion of the course the operators will know:
- Their statutory duties under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- The machinery identification, terminology and daily maintenance
- The safety aspects in relation to the usage of this type of plant
- The operational disciplines relating to the usage of this type of plant including safe slinging practices
- Statutory Requirements:
The Health & Safety at Work Act 1974:
Section 2, General duties of employers
Section 7 & 8, General duties of employees
Powers of the Inspectorate
LOLER & PUWER regulations
British Standards 7121 Part 4: Lorry Loaders
- Introduction to Slinging:
Types of slinging available
Correct use of slings
- Methods of Slinging:
Choice of equipment to suit SWL
Angles of lifts
Configuration of slings
Centre of Gravity
- Safe Use of the Crane:
Crane daily preparation – safety checks
Use of stabilisers
Crane operation – load condition
Grounding and site hazards
Close down procedure