Pendant Remote Crane Operator 1 day
Duration: 1 Day
Max Number of Delegates: 6
Length of Certification: 3 Years
Who Should Attend?
The course is designed for personnel who will be lifting loads using a Pendant or Remote Controlled Crane.
To teach the operators to safely sling loads and to use the Pendant / Remote Controlled Crane.
Classroom based and practical exercises and group participation.
The objective of the course is to enable delegates to understand:
- Their statutory duties under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- The correct procedure for using the Pendant / Remote Controller
- Safe methods of basic slinging
- The importance of weight and centre of gravity in relation to the safe working load of the lift tackle
- Statutory Requirements:
The Health & Safety at Work Act 1974:
Section 2, General duties of employers
Section 7 & 8, General duties of employees
Powers of the Inspectorate
LOLER & PUWER regulations
- Introduction to Slinging:
Types of slinging available
Correct use of slings
- Methods of Slinging:
Choice of equipment to suit SWL
Angles of lifts
Configuration of slings
Centre of Gravity
- Pendant/Remote Crane:
Identification of Controller
Mode of Operation
Safety Awareness in Area of Operations
Practical Crane Operation/Slinging
Practical Assessment & Theoretical
Courses are run nationally 6 days a week. For further information fill out the form below.