Counterbalance Lift Truck
Duration: 3-5 Days
Max Number of Delegates: 1-3
Length of Certification: 3 Years
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for personnel who will need to operate a fork lift truck.
The number of days required will depend on the number and experience of the delegates.
To teach the new operators to prepare, safely operate and maintain a fork lift truck.
Classroom based and practical exercises and group participation.
On completion of the course the
operators will know:
- Their statutory duties under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- The machine identification, terminology and daily maintenance
- The safety aspects relating to the safe operation of this type of machine
- The effect of load size, weight, gradients and ground conditions upon machine stability
- Statutory Requirements:
The Health & Safety at Work Act 1974:
Section 2, General duties of employers
Section 7 & 8, General duties of employees
Powers of the Inspectorate
LOLER & PUWER regulations
- Introduction of the Forklift:
Identification of Controls
Identification of Parts
Identification of Instruments
Daily Inspection take over and Maintenance:
- Refuelling Procedures:
Petrol or Diesel powered
- Centres of Gravity and Load
Fulcrum and Counterbalance
Causes of Instability
- Driver Responsibility:
Parking of the forklift
- Emergency Procedures:
Accident involving fire
- Safe Driving Procedures:
No load condition
- Load Handling:
Weight of load – Weight assessment
Security of loads
Daily checks and maintenance
Truck operation, no load condition
General driving on advanced course and test
Operators safety code
Clients code of practice for fork truck operators
Courses are run nationally 6 days a week. For further information fill out the form below.