Health & Safety Awareness (CITB) Site Safety Plus
Duration: 1 Day
Length of Certification: 5 Years
Who Should Attend?
This 1-day introductory course for health and safety is for people who are new to the construction and civil engineering industries.
It teaches you the main health and safety issues on construction sites and how these affect your role.
It is also recommended as a Health and Safety refresher of knowledge after five years. It is one of the Site Safety Plus range of courses.
This is a highly interactive course taught through case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual or group presentations.
The course also includes publications, registration, certification, lunch and refreshments.
Build UK recognises this course as meeting the required standard for all supervisors working on Build UK sites.
- Workers' individual responsibilities for their own safety and the safety of others
- Typical construction hazards and how these are controlled
- How everyone can help achieve better practical standards of safety on site
- Legal requirements and liabilities
- Working at height
- Manual Handling
- Fire prevention
- Work equipment
- Occupational Health
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area
- You will need to provide a valid ID for the course, such as a copy of your passport or driving licence
Courses are run nationally 6 days a week. For further information fill out the form below.