Duration: Half Day
Max Number of Delegates: 6
Length of Certification: 3 Years
Who Should Attend?
This programme is designed for Operatives and Supervisors who have to locate underground apparatus for work on the roadways and highways.
To provide both Operatives and Supervisors with the skills and knowledge to carry out cable avoidance work.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Identify potential risks to themselves and others.
- Read and understand site plans.
- Operate cable avoidance tools in order to avoid or locate underground apparatus.
- Understand and interpret data logging information (where applicable)
Delegates attending this course should be physically and mentally fit to withstand the rigours of training. This course can be adapted to concentrate on the Cable Avoidance equipment the customer will commonly use and can cover most models. Please advise which model you require to be trained on at time of booking.
- Basic principles of location and avoidance of underground services
- Hazard identification and the risks associated with them
- Reading and interpreting site plans
- Practical use of equipment
- Data logging (where applicable)
Suggested Follow-up Courses
- Signing, Lighting & Guarding – Unit 2/10
- New Roads & Street Works for Operatives
- New Roads & Street Works for Supervisors
A high proportion of discussion and simulated assessments supplemented with video and classroom based tutorials and progress tests.
Courses are run nationally 6 days a week. For further information fill out the form below.