Safe Use of Abrasive Wheels on Portable Machines (1/2 day)
Duration: Half Day
Max Number of Delegates: 12
Length of Certification: 3 Years
Who Should Attend?
This programme is designed for any person who may be required to select & mount an abrasive or diamond wheel in the workplace or requires familiarisation with the associated regulations.
To provide delegates with a thorough understanding of the hazards associated with the use of abrasive wheels and to comply with the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER) in the safe mounting of abrasive wheels and discs on portable machinery.
Classroom based tutorials and demonstrations. Practical exercise in the selection and mounting of abrasive and diamond wheels. This course does not include the cutting of materials using abrasive or diamond wheels.
Delegates attending this course should be 18+ years and be physically and mentally fit to withstand the rigours of training. The content of this course includes awareness of periodic examinations of equipment. The course does not provide full training in maintenance of equipment. Additional training relating to this subject may be of benefit to delegates (further information available upon request).
- Legal requirements and responsibilities.
- Nature of hazards and identification of causes.
- Safe work area
- Selection of correct machinery and personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Method of marking, storing, handling and transporting.
- Storage, checking and use of discs.
- Machine checks.
- Mounting using wheel type 1, 27, 41 & 42
Suggested Follow-up Courses
- Power tool safety.
- Portable appliance testing.
- Hand Arm Vibration awareness.
- Safe Selection & Use of Abrasive Wheels on portable machines.
Courses are run nationally 6 days a week. For further information fill out the form below.