Speedy Asset Services Limited and our group companies ("we", "us" and "our") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, as required under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act").
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
At times we may collect and process the following information about you:
- information you provide to us by filling in forms on our site (such as our 'Contact Us', 'Request a Call Back' or 'Request a Catalogue' forms). This will include information such as your name, contact details and any further information you provide in relation to your query;
- information you provide to us when opening an account or while logged in to your existing account. This may include information such as your name, contact details, passport or other identification details and financial information.
- information you provide to us through completing any surveys or entering any competitions;
- information we collect from you when you visit the Site, including technical information, such as the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, information regarding your browser including type, version and time zone setting, information about your visit such as pages and products viewed or searched for and other statistical information which does not identify any individual;
- information that we receive from other sources in the course of providing services to you (including, for example, information received from other companies within our group, business partners, any sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and credit reference agencies)
HOW WE WILL USE THIS INFORMATION
We will use the information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- to respond to any specific queries, carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about and to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. Where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please indicate this in the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to administer, keep secure and improve our site and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- to notify you about changes to our service.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR DATA
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer or other access device, including where available your IP address (a unique identifier for your computer), operating system and browser type, for system administration, marketing and to report aggregate information to our advertisers or service providers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
LINKS AND EMBEDDED CONTENT
Our Site links to and embeds content from other websites, including in particular in relation to our maps function. A link or 'frame' does not represent any recommendation or endorsement by us and does not mean that we have an association with the linked website, We are not responsible for the content or privacy policies of these websites, nor for the way in which information about their users is treated. For more information regarding the privacy practices of these websites please contact them directly.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a user identification code, a password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedure which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping these confidential, and you must not disclose them to any third party.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although, we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
You may be contacted for marketing purposes in relation to goods, services and information we think will be of interest to you by Speedy Asset Services Limited, other companies in the Speedy group and/or selected third parties. We, other companies in the Speedy Group and/or selected third parties may contact you by post, telephone, sms or other electronic communication and/or email. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. For information regarding how you can exercise your right to prevent such marketing please see the 'Your Rights' section below.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may also disclose your personal data to third parties:
1. In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
2. If we or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your personal data) if we intend to use your personal data for such purposes and if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing when we collect your personal data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, affiliates or third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
Alternatively you may:
- Call us on 0845 609 9998
- Fax us on 01942 402870
Write to us at:
Customer Services Department,
Speedy Hire Plc,