Emergency First Aid at Work
Duration: 1 Day
Max Number of Delegates: 12
Length of Certification: 3 Years
Accreditation: Certificated & BRC
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for personnel whose employment requires them to manage a medical situation until help arrives. Alternatively where an employer’s assessment of first aid identifies that a First Aider is not necessary, the minimum requirement is that they appoint a person to take charge of first aid facilities and emergency arrangements.
To provide delegates with the ability to undertake basic life support and emergency procedures in the event of an accident or injury to a work colleague until trained help arrives.
On completion of this course, the operator will be able to:
- Understand the role of an Appointed Person in reference to The Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981
- Maintain first aid equipment
- Record and report accidents and injuries in the workplace (RIDDOR)
- Perform basic first aid and life support in the absence of a First Aider
- Action to be taken at the scene of an accident
- CPR resuscitation
- Heart attacks
- Electrical injuries
- Customer specific requirements
A high proportion of practical exercises, supplemented with classroom based tutorials.
Courses are run nationally 6 days a week. For further information fill out the form below.