First Aid at Work - 3 day qualifier
Duration: 3 Days
Max Number of Delegates: 12
Length of Certification: 3 Years
Accreditation: British Red Cross
Who Should Attend?
This programme is designed for where an employer’s assessment of first aid needs identifies that a First Aider is necessary, or those who want to gain the most comprehensive introduction to first aid.
To provide delegates with the necessary knowledge of the responsibilities of being a First Aider. Delegates will have a base knowledge of how to correctly react and treat the various first aid situations that may occur in their place of work.
On-going assessments with the trainer. Final assessment with external verifier on 3 areas; wounds and bleeding, unconscious casualty management and recovery positions, CPR.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Record and report accidents and injuries in the workplace (RIDDOR)
- Administer basic life support and put a casualty in the recovery position correctly
- Treat any first aid/ emergency situation in the work place.
Delegates attending this course should be 18+ years and be physically and mentally fit to withstand the rigours of training.
- Legislation incorporating The Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981, guidance and overview
- The requirements of RIDDOR
- Introduction to first aid
- The methods of basic lift support incorporating recue breathing, cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and paediatric life support
- How to place a casualty in the recovery position
- The contents of a first aid kit and guidance on how to use it
- The injuries/ treatments of the eye
- Transportation of a patient in the most comfortable manner
- The different types of burns and scalds and their respective treatments
- Different types of fracture and their treatments
- The human circulatory system and associated wounds
- The human nervous system
- Management of a unconscious casualty
Suggested follow-up courses
- First Aid at Work (Refresher)
- IOSH Managing Safely
Courses are run nationally 6 days a week. For further information fill out the form below.