Who Should Attend?
National Vocation Qualification. The NVQ is a work-based qualification which recognises the skills and knowledge a person needs to do a job. The candidate needs to demonstrate and prove their competency in their chosen role or career path.
What do NVQ courses cover?
NVQ’s cover a wide range of subjects for almost every occupational area in every business sector.
What are the benefits of undertaking an NVQ?
For the Individual:
- A flexible route to becoming qualified in the workplace with no examinations
- A practical demonstration of the individual’s skills, knowledge and understanding
- Certification to demonstrate you have met a national standard for an occupational role
- Improved employability and transferability
- Access to recognised qualification for employees with no other formal education
- An effective way of developing staff to a nationally recognised standard which results in improved efficiency
- Proof of the candidate's capability to do their job as it is based on what they can do rather than what they know
- On the job training and evidence gathering, therefore less down time from the employee
- Demonstrates a commitment to quality both internally and externally to customers
- Ensures employees are up to date with industry standards and best practice
How are NVQs assessed?
NVQ’s are competency based and the candidate produces evidence of what they do in their work situation which becomes the basis of a portfolio that is assessed against the relevant occupational standard.
The candidates must demonstrate that their skills are current and prove their competency over a period.
Evidence can be submitted electronically any time of day or night from anywhere in the world.
You cannot fail an NVQ. You are either classed as competent, or not yet competent, which means you would need to provide additional or further evidence over a period.
Courses are run nationally 6 days a week. For further information fill out the form below.