Location: National, United Kingdom
Region: Central Functions
Job Category: Head Office
Business Unit: SHEQ Team
Job Type: Full Time (Permanent)
Hours: 08:30- 17:00
Speedy are the UK’s leading hire provider with the widest range of tools, specialist hire equipment, plant and support services – everything for every job!
Carbon Manager- National/ Hybrid role- Monday to Friday- 08:30- 17:00
Are you ready for the next step in your career to help us to achieve our goal of net zero carbon emissions?
Speedy are looking for Carbon Manager to support the ESG Director to lead the delivery of Speedy’s Net Zero Scope 1, 2 and 3 carbon science-based targets and Net Zero roadmap across our business and value chain. To position Speedy as a leader in the Net Zero Carbon space. To develop innovative Net Zero solutions and services for our customers to differentiate us from our competitors. To manage all internal and external carbon data and reporting
What you’ll need:
- Relevant degree in any discipline or qualified by experience preferably in the environmental field or other related fields. Member of EMA, IEMA or other related professional body
- Extensive carbon and energy experience at managerial level, preferably in related industries such as construction, plant/hire, building services, support services and/or supply chain.
- Knowledge of energy and climate change legislation and best practice.
- Experience with carbon disclosures and preferably TCFD. Understanding of the current and likely future development of the UK energy and water market.
- Experience in energy management systems such as ISO50001.
- Experience of carbon modelling, accounting, footprinting and knowledge of the latest best practice within the field.
- Experience of processing, checking and interpreting large amounts of quantitative data accurately and presenting carbon data/reports in a structured, concise and meaningful way, summarising results and justifying conclusions..
- Strong analytical skills and numerate ability.
- Strong project management and delivery skills.
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Experience in writing compelling business cases to secure funding. Financially literate.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work quickly and accurately.
- Strong teamwork skills but also the ability to work independently on projects.
- Ability to manage own time and work independently.
- The ability and willingness to carry out repetitive tasks quickly and accurately.
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with stakeholders.
- Ability to network across the industry and peer groups and represent Speedy.
- Has the ability to passionately engage people on the Net Zero journey and can work collaboratively with others.
- Strong emotional intelligence.
Speedy offer a Career Line of Sight which enables a detailed understanding of the route to progression and growth within the Speedy Group.
In return we offer a competitive salary with contributory pension scheme, 26 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays), discretionary bonus scheme and life assurance. In addition you will be able to take advantage of our fantastic Salary Extras benefits scheme, offering cycle to work and various other discounts on a wide range of goods and services.
Please be aware Speedy reserves the right to close our vacancies earlier than the listed date if we have received a high level of applications. We would recommend that if you wish to be considered that you complete the application as promptly as possible.
Please be aware that some roles within The Speedy Group UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check. The Speedy Group is an equal opportunity employer where we embrace diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. All roles within The Speedy Group require proof of right to work in the UK by the start of employment.