Location: Haydock, United Kingdom
Region: Trading & Direct
Job Category: Support/Sales
Business Unit: Hire Direct Operational
Job Type: Full Time (Permanent)
Speedy are the UK’s leading hire provider with the widest range of tools, specialist hire equipment, plant, and support services – everything for every job!
Speedy Direct is our customer services centre, providing a single contact point for our major account customers, supporting of their requirements, hire, consumable and equipment sales, training & services.
The Direct Manager role is an operational leadership role responsible for the development of the management team, the continuous improvement around all process and the growth of the business unit in line with budgets and cost base. Speedy Direct is the central function over a large percentage of Major Accounts within the business and the role it key in ensuring we evolve and adapt to ensure we are providing first class customer service.
The main Speedy Direct department is based in Haydock, however we have multiple locations across the UK, so this role will involve some travel.
- Responsible for the departments cost centre budget with an expectation to continuously reduce the cost to serve
- An ability to develop managers to enhance performance by setting clear and accountable measures
- To implement KPI/Scorecard measures throughout the department
- To develop and monitor a robust product and soft skills training programme
- To target, incentivise, motivate, and manage teams to drive exceptional performance ensuring the continued development and career progression
- Support the sales and operational teams on delivering the effective management and growth of major accounts
What you’ll need:
- Experience of managing operational customer service teams
- Sound understanding of HR legal compliance requirements
- Established track record of exceeding targets, KPI’s SLA’s, in a quality led environment
- Able to interpret MI/BI and develop strategy and make recommendations
- Evidence of well-developed leadership skills
In return we offer a competitive salary with contributory pension scheme, 21 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays) rising to 26 days after 12 months, discretionary bonus scheme and life assurance. In addition, you will be able to take advantage of our fantastic Salary Extras benefits scheme, offering cycle to work and various other discounts on a wide range of goods and services.