Location: Erith, United Kingdom
Region: Lloyds British
Job Category: Education/Training/Instruction
Business Unit: External Training
Job Type: Full Time (Permanent)
Hours: 08:30- 17:00
Due to continued growth, we are looking to recruit an Technical Instructor with knowledge of all lifting equipment and technical training work within the inspection team in and around the Erith.
What makes Lloyds British - A Speedy Business such a successful Company?
It's a question a lot of our rivals are asking, in truth there is no simple answer. We have gained our International industry leading reputation through an evolutionary process, acquiring invaluable knowledge and practical know-how for over 200 years. Lloyds British Testing current operation was created in 1812 and for over 200 years the name Lloyds British has been synonymous with the very best in lifting equipment engineering.
Today Lloyds British operates as one of Speedy Service's divisions, from a number of locations across the UK providing services to a wide range of clients.
We deal with thousands of customers every year providing them with a first class service and helping ensure they can successfully deliver their projects. Behind the scenes we work to ensure we constantly meet and exceed their expectations and thats where you come in; As aTechnicalInstructorwithin Speedy,you willdeliver a range oftechnical training as well as advising our customers on Technical aspectsto enable them to complete the work correctly and safely.You'll work autonomously toplan and execute trainingrequired for individuals'development. As aTechnicalInstructoryou also have theabilityto design, prepare, testand deliver new training courses.
ATechnicalInstructor willpossess the below-
- At least 2 years’ experience inLifting and Materials Handling
- National Plant Operators Registration Scheme (NPORS) or Independent Training Standards Scheme and Register (ITSSAR) instructor accreditations are desirable
- Knowledge of lifting regulations including: Lifting Operations andLifting Equipment Regulations(LOLER), Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER), The Health and Safety at Work Act, BS 7121
- Lifting Equipment Engineers Association(LEEA) Qualifications are desirable
- Applicants wanted for specific course delivery of one or all of these courses: Overhead Crane Operation; Inspection of Portable Lifting Equipment; Appointed Person; Mobile Crane Operation; Crane Supervisor; Rigging and Slinging
- Strong self-organisation skills
- Good attention to detail
- Full UK driving licence
- Willing to travel and to be away from home
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- Willing to work independently
- Ability to deal with a variety of personalities
- Confident with face to face training
To apply for this role send your CV to Rabab.Rizvi@speedyservices.com
Speedy are the leading provider of hire products and supporting services to the construction, industrial and infrastructure sectors. We have a network of over 200 depots across the UK and Ireland, and over 3000 people who offer a nationwide service and look after the largest hire fleet in the market.
We also lead in health, safety and sustainability. We are the safest hire provider, based on accident and industry rates, and have the lowest carbon footprint in the industry. Our hire fleet also includes an increasing range of green option products, helping our customers improve their energy efficiency and reduce their environmental impact.
Vision, mission and values:
Our vision is to become the best company in our sector to do business with and the best to work for.
Our mission is to provide safe, reliable hire equipment and services to enable successful delivery of customer projects.
- Safe – the first priority in everything we do
- As One – working together to collectively achieve our goals
- Innovative – to continuously improve
- Driven – to deliver first class customer service